E-commerce has highlighted the importance of fulfilling consumer requests and changing their shopping method in light of the technology world, so the importance of e-commerce fulfillment has emerged. Especially with the huge growth in the e-commerce industry, which has coincided with the increased access to the Internet. In this article, we will discuss in detail what is meant by e-commerce fulfillment, as well as its importance and steps.
What is e-commerce fulfillment?
E-commerce fulfillment is the process of receiving orders online, packing and shipping them to the end customer.
This is done through many systematic steps, which ensure that orders reach customers in a timely manner and accurately.
Do you know what is inventory tracking?
Why is e-commerce fulfillment the most important thing?
The e-commerce fulfillment process is the last stage of the e-commerce supply chain, through which products are stored in the e-commerce fulfillment center, packaging orders are selected, and orders are shipped to the end customer.
Hence the importance of e-commerce fulfillment, as these steps can cause you to incur a lot of costs if not managed well.
So you need to have an appropriate e-commerce fulfillment strategy, especially since customers’ expectations of quick receipt without delay are constantly increasing.
Therefore, there is great importance to dealing with a partner who helps you in the e-commerce fulfillment process, which will bring you many benefits and advantages. This is what diggipacks can provide for you. Here are the most important benefits that you can enjoy:
- Benefit from their expertise in the warehousing and packing process, which makes the fulfillment process smoother.
- Increase your presence in the market and reach customers around the world, by providing an international network that enables you to receive orders from all over the world.
- Freeing up and organizing your space gives you more time to focus on other, more important tasks.
- Improve your customer service and thus facilitate better customer retention.
- Improve your scalability by managing order fulfillment by a team of specialists.
- Reduce your shipping costs by taking advantage of the shipping discounts that outsourcing a partner can provide you.
- Reduce operating costs through outsourcing that enables you to reduce those costs with their smart solutions.
- Benefit from their technology, which will provide you with many benefits such as inventory control and shipment tracking using modern tools.
are you know what is Scheduled Delivery?
What are a few steps of e-commerce fulfillment?
There is a set of basic methodological steps followed in e-commerce fulfillment, through which requests for customers are processed more accurately. Here are those steps in detail:
This step includes the process of receiving and executing the order through the distribution center, and this step includes the process of processing orders and monitoring their quality.
2. Inventory storage
One of the steps of e-commerce fulfillment in which goods are distributed as soon as they reach the shipping center, and sometimes they are sent to long-term storage.
During this step, it is necessary to index the shipped items efficiently, in a way that ensures that the shipping process takes place smoothly and without delays.
get to know: Vendor Managed Inventory
3. Order processing
In the third step of the e-commerce fulfillment steps, the items are picked and then transferred to the packing center, after which they are transferred to the shipping station after verifying the integrity of the product and that it is free from damage.
4. Handling returns
It is the step for dealing with returns, as well as supporting the handling of complaints, returns, and product exchange.
Attention must be taken during this step so that the return process is accepted unless the product suffers any damage, and this product is either re-stored or recycled again.